Thursday, February 12, 2009

Charm exchange with Martha (thanks Martha)




A Year ago in March my friend Martha and I began a monthly 2 1/2 inch charm block exchange.

Each month we exchanged 25 fabric

squares.

I have tried 2 different layout ideas and not happy with either of them.

I have my featherweight set up in the

quilt room at Hunter knob and love

the view and decided to work

on idea number three using the charms.

I am putting together a 16 patch block of a color family then will put those blocks together in strips with an

alternating strip between them with

perhaps some embrodiery or applique.

OR I will put the blocks together with an

alternationg block.

I have pieced four of the blocks so far and they

are in the tumbler shape.

STAY tuned for more on this

PROJECT.

I would love to have a plan for the blocks

since our last exchange is in March.

The squares are so special not to do something

awesome with them.

Martha is also working on how to use the charms.

THANKS MARTHA.

























2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It can be hard to come up with an idea that fits with so many different fabric colors and styles. I've been through several ideas too. But it has been fun!

The tumbler blooks look nice. I wait to see where you take it from here.
--Martha Arlene (aka Marlene)

Anonymous said...

p.s. What a spectacular view you have while you sit and sew!