Sunday, December 7, 2008

REMEMBER THE 12 days of Christmas Quilt?

Do you remember the 12 days of Christmas quilt that began in December 2003 in Quiltmaker Magazine?
During 2004 the series or patterns were published in the magazine two at a time.
My plan was to make the quilt as they patterns arrived. Easily done in a year. RIGHT?
WRONG.
As I never do things by the book I reduced the block size so the quilt would fit on my quilt hanger in the living room.
THIS made some of the smaller pieces very small and difficult to hand applique.


Decorating Hunter Knob for Christmas I thought about the quilt in progress. It would be perfect hanging from the loft. SO I opened the drawer to see how much I had completed on the quilt.
Here is the center block. It just needs some leaves. Note the tree is facing the opposite direction from the pattern.
FORGOT to reverse the pieces... No problem since I don't do things by the book.



These two block are completed.




This entire row is completed. Just needs a few leaves on the four calling bird block.
STAY TUNED as I am now working on this quilt again.
MAYBE by Christmas 2009 it will be completed.
I'll try and post photos of the blocks as they are completed.
WISH ME LUCK.

1 comment:

Ginger Quilter said...

Happy to see that you are working on the 12 days quilt again. I'm sure it will be a treasure whether it hangs in FL or GA.

Happy Quilting!

Ginger